Saturday, April 20, 2013

The unexpected 10days trip to Seoul/Day 1

Why did I name my title the unexpected 10days trip to Seoul? To find out more, do continue reading. If you have followed me on twitter, you would know know why!

Took off on the 31March to Seoul via Hongkong. Before this trip, I was still trying hard to change duties with colleague and thank God I managed to change or else, I would have to cancel the whole trip.

I met my cousin who flew to Seoul by Korean Air landed slight later than me. While waiting for her, I put on all the thick winter clothing and my winter boots. The temperature was 2degree, that explains all the dressing up.

We headed to our guesthouse by taking the airport bus. We couldn't communicate well with the people there and their understanding of English is very limited so please prepare to find your way yourself or write the place out on a paper. It took us an hour to get to nearby our place and another an hour to find our guesthouse. It was a crazy find and thankful for people helping us.

The owners of the guesthouse were friendly and I really enjoyed throughout my stay there. Met my other cousin who is studying in one of the university there for her exchange program for lunch. Yummy and hot food warms my tummy. I realised that korea has lots of cheesy food <3

After lunch, we wanted to go for palace visits or rather they want to.. but most palaces were close on Monday. Please do research before heading there. We went on with our next plan going to trickeye muesum.

It was really awesome place. Do google about the place if you are interested.

Last stop was the bathhouse. I was having a mixing feeling when going in. Because you got to be fully naked and walked to open shower area before you can soak into the hot bath. Ladies and guys are separated, fyi. I'm not comfortable in being naked so I didn't go for hot bath. I went for sauna instead. And I slept for 3hours inside. You must be thinking that I'm crazy but I'm not. I felt so comfortable that I didn't wake up until my cousin woke me!

Left the place quite late and still managed to catch the train back.

*pictures to be loaded in awhile as I'm using my phone to post.

Be back for the rest of the post on my Seoul Trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment